Recorded: 5/11/2019 / Published: 7/31/2019
- Call in at 865-268-4005 to leave your question or visit the Krypt at https://kuldrinskrypt.com. On this episode of The Krypt, we are returning to DomCon LA 2019, for a conversation with the founder of The International Mr. and Ms.Olympus Leather contest, Dave Rhodes. In this conversation, we cover a lot of ground from living through the beginning of the AIDS epidemic to founding a publication and an international leather contest.
- [1:03]Rules to Love by:
- Safe, sane, consensual, and informed
- KNKI: Knowledge, No Intolerance, Kindness, Integrity
- “Submission is not about authority and it’s not about obedience; it is all about relationships of love and respect.” -Wm. Paul Young
- [1:30] Dave Rhodes https://www.theleatherjournal.com/
- [1:30] How old are you? How long have you been in the lifestyle? Openly gay?
- [2:40] When did you get into leather?
- [4:20] Drummer Magazine in 1976.
- [6:52] The “Old Guard” and the transformation of the scene from 1976 to the 1990s.
- [7:57] 1978 the real start of the HIV / AIDS epidemic and the personal impact.
- [9:00] How did the disease affect the scene and what is the last effect?
- [10:38] The lesbian community steps in to help the male guy leather community.
- Losing three people a month from AIDS!
- [12:50] What have you done with the Leather Competitions? Founded The International Mr. and Ms. Olympus Leather Contest in 1996.
- [19:02] What is it “To be Leather”?
- [22:27] What is the best advice you can give to the new and the old?
- [27:15] Id the glass half full or half-empty? Yes.
Show notes can be found at https://kuldrinskrypt.com/226
- Show Producers:
- Pro Producer($100/month): LilyxChaosx.
- Executive Producers ($25/month): Jeremiah, ArcaneD.G.R. & violetaurelia, Feline_Rouge, babylove2269, and Faisil
- Sr. Producers ($10/month): Matt, Roxiebear, xEmeraldxWolfx, JayKay, SortOutTheKinks, Delilah, SirMutualRespect, Master Gabriel, and Theod123
- Producers ($5/month): Kainsin, ThatPlace: Oklahoma City, olive_eyes, Seine (Zine), and Alexandria
- Jr. Producers ($1/month): K-2SO, BuffaloDom84, LxSoumis, Hayley, Morgan, and knot_the_daddy
- If you would like to become one of our show producers go to our website, https://kuldrinskrypt.com/support to get that information.
- BDSM Contracts for the donation of their beautiful 25 page soft and hardbound M/s and D/s contracts.. http://bdsmcontracts.org coupon code: kuldrin20 for a 20% discount on all purchases.
- Day Collars is a place for personalized handmade collars, leashes, cuffs and belts.
- And finally, I’d like to thank http://whippingstripes.com my personal maker of leather and paracord impact toys.
Next Time on the Krypt:
- Next time on The Krypt: ??? In the meantime go to https://kuldrinskrypt.com for show notes, how to subscribe information, and the link to Fetlife group so you can take part in the conversation and be eligible for giveaways. While you’re there click on support us to become a Patreon supporter.
- Email: Sir@kuldrinskrypt.com
- Fetlife Group: https://fetlife.com/groups/159275
- Fb: Kuldrin Fire https://www.facebook.com/kuldrin.fire
- Twitter: @MasterKuldrin https://twitter.com/MasterKuldrin
- Instagram: masterkuldrin https://www.instagram.com/masterkuldrin/
- Patreon: kuldrinskrypt https://www.patreon.com/KuldrinsKrypt
- Paypal: MasterKuldrin http://paypal.me/masterkuldrin
- Limits and Interest Survey: https://kuldrinskrypt.com/survey