S01E24-Effective Communication in BDSM
August 8th, 2017
- This is Kuldrin’s Krypt season 1 episode 24 for August 8th, 2017.
- Welcome to Kuldrin’s Krypt I’m your host Master Kuldrin. If you are new to the show this is a place to dispel myths, get rid of stereotypes, and answer your questions about BDSM. You can call in at 865-268-4005 to leave your question or visit the Krypt at kudrinskrypt.com. On this episode of the Krypt we are going get into Effective Communication. But first let’s say hello to my co-host, Funsize. Hello Funsize.
- Before we get into the main topic I have a couple of things to bring up.
- First I’d like to thank our patreon supporter The Accidental Trucker…he’s been around since the beginning of the show. He gives a dollar a month. If the listeners are getting anything out of I’d be greatful if they would visit the site and click on the support us tab to give through patreon.
- Second, I’d like to talk BDSM contracts. http://bdsmcontracts.org coupon code: kuldrin20 for a 20% discount on all purchases.
- Rules to Love by:
- Safe, sane, consensual, informed
- KNKI: Knowledge, No Intolerence, Kindness, Integrity
- “Submission is not about authority and it’s not about obedience; it is all about relationships of love and respect.” -Wm. Paul Young
- Negotiations, safe words, and consent. We’ve gone over all these things before. Speak openly and honestly. If you’re uncomfortable or not sure about something it’s important to come out and just say so.
- Disagreements. Respect is a must, along with trust. If someone has a limit, whether you agree or not it’s important to respect that. You can also disagree as a sub and still be respectful. And take time to calm down and discuss disagreements with a clear head.
- Have normal conversations too. Too many times we forget to do this, but it’s important for building communication and trust.
- Check-ins and setting time aside to talk. Make sure you prioritize communication.
- Silent Communication- hand signals, body language and the very telling eyes.
- Communication is both a skill and a tool. Constant work on communication will make your relationship a thousand times better but if it’s not there or breaks down then it can end your relationship. Put in the work cause it’s worth it.
- Communication for Doms and subs.
- As a Dom keep a line of communication open. You need your sub to feel like they can approach you.
- As a sub always speak with respect.
NEXT WEEK’S AGENDA
- Next on The Krypt we are going to jump into basic safety. In the meantime go to kuldrinskrypt.com for shownotes, how to subscribe information, and the link to Facebook group so you can take part in the conversation and be eligible for giveaways. While you’re there click on support us to because a patreon supporter.
- Email: Sir@kuldrinskrypt.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fb: Kuldrin Fire
- Twitter: @MasterKuldrin
- Instagram: kuldrinfire
- Patreon: kuldrinskrypt
- Paypal: MasterKuldrin
Outro: This has been Master Kuldrin and Funsize for kuldrinskrypt.com: Unearth the Truth